Today, AUSG announced the application process for the new AU Student Leadership Fund via email to the student body.
Date: Monday, July 17, 2017
Subject: $ for Student Leaders
I'm so excited to share that the Student Involvement Fund, which will provide much needed funding to leaders of campus organizations, is on track to open applications on July 28th.
This is a community-based solution aimed at eliminating a financial barrier to student involvement at AU. Additionally, this is also a financial investment in student leadership that allows for the AU community to foster various types of leadership by providing low-income students the means to take on leadership roles.
- Be an involved, full-time student of a degree program;
- Minimum GPA: 2.5;
- Have been a student at AU for at least one academic year (two semesters)
- Interview with and be approved by simple majority vote of the selection committee;
- This is open to both pell-eligible and non-pell eligible students;
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University;
- Participate in an exit interview with the committee at the end of the semester explaining how the fund was beneficial to supporting your student leadership endeavors
- Individuals already receiving student support payments via the Activities Fee are excluded from applying and receiving funds through this fund (i.e., AUSG executives, AUCC board members, SMB members, etc.)
Stay tuned for more information coming closer to the application launch. This is a joint endeavor of AUSG, AUCC and Student Media Board.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com