Join the Undergraduate Senate
- Have you ever attended or watched a meeting of the undergraduate senate and thought: "hey, this could be more efficient?"
If so, this role is for you!
- The Parliamentarian is a role mandated by the AUSG Bylaws and is appointed by the AUSG President.
- The Parliamentarian makes sure that the Undergraduate Senate abides by the rules of debate as well as AUSG governing documents. They rule on debates that arise in the undergraduate senate related to any of those manners, and can also verify procedural decisions made by the speaker of the undergraduate senate.
- Ideal candidates will be familiar with AUSG's governing documents. Candidate should also demonstrate experience or willingness to learn parliamentary procedure.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are available to attend most if not all undergraduate senate meetings. These meetings are held every Sunday at 2:00pm.
- More information about the role can be found on page 17 of the AUSG bylaws.
Do you like this page?